Completed in 1911, Ballinger's Carnegie Library was one of 32 library buildings in Texas funded by the Carnegie Foundation. It is one of only four still in use as a public library. It was recorded as a Texas Landmark in 1962.
Summer 2023 Reading Programs
- Friday, June 9, 10:30 a.m. - The Amazing Balloon Man
- Tuesday, June 13, 10:30 a.m. - Reptile Adventures (outdoor event - bring a lawn chair)
- Thursday, June 22, 10:30 a.m. - Peaceful Valley Donkey Rescue (outdoor event)
- Thursday, June 20, 10:30 a.m. - Dr. John Irish from San Angelo Symphony
- Wednesday, July 19, 10:30 a.m. - Ventriloquist Margaret Clauder
Carnegie Library Mission
The mission of the Carnegie Library is to provide all persons in the community with a safe and confidential environment in which they may freely pursue intellectual, educational, and recreational interests through diverse services and resources collected in a variety of formats.
Carnegie Library of Ballinger
204 N. 8th St.
Ballinger, TX 76821
- Monday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Wednesday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Thursday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
Preschool Story Time and Crafts: Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m.
Computers and WiFi access available to the public.
3 AWE computers available for children.
Assistant Librarian/Children’s Librarian